Burleigh County North Dakota - link home
Contact Us Elections Job Listings Maps Public Notices Townships Links How Do I? News Events

Facebook Twitterprinter friendly page

Frequently Asked Questions

Are we the State's Attorney for North Dakota?
The attorney for the State of North Dakota is the Attorney General (phone: 701-328-2210). Our office handles matters that occur in Burleigh County. Each county in North Dakota has a State's Attorney.
Where do I report a crime? Callers wanting to report a crime should call the law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction of where the crime occurred: call the Police Department, if in city limits and the Sheriff's Office, if the crime happened outside of city limits.
Does your office handle divorce and child custody cases?
No, this would be considered a civil matter.
How do I report or check on a business regarding a suspicious call?
Callers wanting to report or check on a business may check with the Consumer Fraud Division of the North Dakota Attorney General's office - phone #701-328-3404.
Does your office handle wills?
No, this would be considered a civil matter.